Saturday, July 14, 2012

Reboot

I will update the blog with my whereabouts for the past month soon, but for now I'm restarting my series of daily (that's the intent, anyway) posts on things in my life for which I'm grateful. Driving back to Pasadena from USC with CT this afternoon (I know, you don't know who CT is; I promise I'll update soon), I put the address in my phone and it told me to get on the freeway and take the 110 north. However, as I got on, the entrance didn't allow me to get over before the freeway split, and I was forced to take a different freeway through the heart of LA, one that takes much longer due to traffic. A few miles later, however, I saw an exit with a temporary sign marking a detour to the 110 north. We followed it, and after a few blocks we were headed back to the 110 without having lost much time. I'm grateful for thoughtful traffic engineers who take the time to map out detour routes and lay out the signage. They saved me time and preserved my peace of mind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment