Monday, September 24, 2012

3 weeks...

School started 3 weeks ago!  I can't believe it's been that long - it's gone by in a flash.  I suppose that's a good thing.  It's late, so here's a bulleted list for now:


  • 18 credit hours (we're only allowed to take 14 max every other quarter), 5 classes, boatloads of reading every day, mostly of judicial opinions and weighty legal doctrine
  • Great professors!  I think my small section lucked out - I love every one of my professors, and a couple of them are superstars in their fields, wrote the book, etc
  • Intense classes - a lot of Socratic method, professors calling on students and expecting them to know every last detail about each case and its legal significance
  • Good small section - there are 30 of us, and we have every class together, sometimes in combination with another small section; we had a pool party last week, and all the people in my section are incredibly smart and fun to be around
  • 4 other Mormons in my year - a pretty decent number when there are only 180 of us!  I've made good friends with one of them, a guy named Shae whose wife is still at BYU until December.
  • SoBar Review - every Thursday, hosted at my apartment for those who don't want to go to Bar Review (where the whole law school gets wasted every Thursday night) - we play party games and eat treats (cookies, banana muffins, zucchini bread all made by me)
Class is stressful at times, but it's really not too bad, and once I survive this quarter, it's downhill from there!  I don't know when I'll find the time to write blog posts; maybe I'll just do a highlights reel once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment