Wednesday, May 19, 2010

一個小印第安人。。。


One down, four to go!  I'm sorry, that was facetious and ill-mannered, but Buddy the gerbil is gone, and now there are only four pets left in the Fjeldsted home.  I guess he was old, but he was there this morning and gone when I got home from work.  Time to shift my voodoo to the rabbit...



Actually, I mostly feel sorry for the rabbit.  She rarely gets let out of her cage, and it's so small relative to her size!  Still, she probably wouldn't know what to do in the wild, so there's not really another option.



I'm 80 pages into Ben Zander's book; it's pretty much just a fleshing out of his presentation yesterday, but it will be extremely helpful in remembering what I learned.  Like any helpful/transformational philosophy, so much of it coincides with the gospel, which is nice for streamlining one's philosophical idiom.



I discovered a really cool composer today!  It's amazing how many of them still lie in obscurity.  Michael Tippett (1) wrote four piano sonatas, and his first one is seriously in the running now with Prokofiev 6 for my senior recital.  A plus is that it's ten minutes shorter, meaning I can play something else as well, maybe Debussy or Dohnanyi.

Now go listen to some Tippett!

English title: One Little Indian...

No comments:

Post a Comment