Tuesday, May 18, 2010

新觀點, 完美的生活



The only picture I got was on my phone.  Follow up on my last post: Ben Zander's presentation changed my life!  I love life!  It was 2.5 hours long and felt like half an hour, and so many things he said were the kind of things you want to write down and repeat to yourself for a week straight.  I can't even explain it, but everyone in the room was smiling afterwards because they were happy and full of potential.  He had us all sing Ode to Joy at the end in German.  A couple notes to myself, because I can't explain them fully, but hopefully you glean something from these.  When you make a mistake (in music, in life, anything), throw your arms up in the air, smile, and shout, "That's fascinating!"  What assumptions are you operating under that you don't even know you're making?  One example I thought of afterwards was the sons of Mosiah versus the rest of the Nephites.  They assumed that the Lamanites were wicked and irredeemable, and that informed their world view and influenced their actions.  The sons of Mosiah recognized the prevailing assumption, and then realized that it was false, and they went out to change the world.  Give everyone an A, because you interact differently with people to whom you give A's.  Life is made of downward (and upward) spirals - make it about vision and potential instead.  Success and failure are two sides of the same coin - focus on contributing instead of success at the expense of someone who did not succeed.  You know you're a good leader (anyone can be a leader - a parent, a conductor, a regular person) when the people you lead have shining eyes because they see the vision you espouse.  It's all invented!  The system, everything.  Play a different game from the rest of the world - the voice in your head telling you you can't succeed is in an entirely wrong paradigm.  If the people you lead don't have shining eyes, move the goal posts.  Have a perfect life!  Everyone can love classical music!  All it takes is explaining.  I got his book (they gave one to everyone who came to the meeting) and he signed it for me, so I'm sure I will post more as I read it.  Whoever you are reading this, I love you!  You get an A in my book for everything you do, and I appreciate your impact on my life.  Have a great night.

English title: New Perspective, Perfect Life

No comments:

Post a Comment