Monday, April 4, 2011

宗教教友大会结束了

A little perspective goes a long way.

I feel like today's sessions of General Conference helped place my problems in focus and invigorated my faith.  I've kind of been on standby in many areas of my life for the past several months, doing the same things day in and day out and not planning for the future as well as I could have been doing.  However, the talks today prompted self-reflection and reevaluation, and I feel better for it.

My roommate McKay moved out today; I didn't think I would miss him, but I do a little bit right now.  It was very sudden; he basically packed up and moved out today while I was gone for conference.  I'd known about it for a few days before that, but I will miss him coming home late and talking for a bit, usually about his sixth graders and how teaching is going.  I know I can always Facebook or call him, but when you don't see people often, you tend to forget about them.

I'm grateful for the blessings of peace and certainty the gospel bring.  Jonathan, Beth and I just watched Treasure in Heaven and Only A Stonecutter back to back, and both were powerful reminders to me of the blessings that come from keeping covenants and living the law of consecration.  As we give everything to the Lord, he gives it right back, in abundance.

English title: General Conference is over

No comments:

Post a Comment