Saturday, April 2, 2011

春天来了!

I have so many things to be grateful for today; I really don't know if I'll get to them all.

I'll start with yesterday, paradoxically.  Last night around 11:15, my roommate Robert got a call from our friend Rachel.  She's had back problems for a while, and she wasn't going to be able to make it to this morning's conference session in Salt Lake, so she was offering tickets.  Robert didn't need them, so I took her up on the offer and drove over to collect them.  There were three, so I called Hannah and invited her and Brent to come with me.

Fast forward to this morning.  As we drove up to conference, Hannah said that she had been waiting for a while for someone to offer her tickets.  I'm grateful that I could be an answer, in a small way, to her desire.  Also, as I reflected on the fortunate way I obtained tickets ten hours before the session started, I realized that this might be my last chance to attend conference in person for quite some time.  I'm thankful for Heavenly Father being mindful of my needs.

There were many things to be grateful for during conference, but most of all I am grateful for the Spirit reminding me of things I can do to be happier and fulfill my purpose in life.

I went to a garden center and bought a few tomato plants and some herbs and peppers today.  It was warm out and I succumbed to the temptation to hasten the spring along.  I love plants and growing things, and I will enjoy having a small container garden of sorts on my front porch.

English title: Spring has come!

No comments:

Post a Comment