Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pre-surgery

I'm sitting in Prince Court right now waiting to see the eye doctor.  I came in on Tuesday to get a checkup and asked about LASIK, and now I'm doing the prescreening!  The surgery is tomorrow.  The tests so far have been normal, but they gave me some eye drops that dilate my eyes and cause my eyes' autofocus to not work, so I can't see anything up close.  Paradoxically, the effect is even worse with my glasses on.  The doctor doing the prescreening is Malay Chinese, so we had most of our conversation in Chinese.  Now I'm waiting for the surgeon; I met her on Tuesday, and she seems very competent and nice.  She got her PhD from Edinburgh, and she's performed over 500 LASIK surgeries, so tomorrow should go very well.  And at half the price of LASIK in the US!  Not shabby at all.  Unless of course I go blind or my corneas detach themselves or the laser fries my brain or something...just kidding, this is probably safer than seeing a dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment